Saturday, February 18, 2012

An Open Sea Reject

When I saw this card over on the Pretty Impact blog I fell in love with it!  I just knew I had to case it......but it all went downhill from there :(

I was happily stamping away, thinking how much my regular ladies were going to love doing this card in with their nautical cards.....and then I didn't have any of that lovely Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon.  I substituted it with Marina Mist Striped Grosgrain Ribbon......and here is the result:


No where near as gorgeous as the original :(  The more I look at it, the more I don't like it.  Here's the inside:


Sorry Deb, I will bring it to show you all, but this is NOT one of the cards we will be making on Monday :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Signature Not Quite Navy 2011

Stamps:  The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock:  Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Nautical Expedition DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso, Marina Mist
Accessories:  Nestabilities, Big Shot, Antique Brads, Stripes Embossing Folder, Brayer, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Marina Mist Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Linda B. said...

I didn't see the original but this one made me stop, take a second look, and check out your blog. I like it! Can't imagine being disappointed in it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Linda! Of all the cards on Splitcoast, this one caught my eye. Nice job...I am off to case this :))))